How To Prepare Your Skin For Your Wedding
As wedding season is now nearly in full swing, at Jasmina Vico Skin, we have many new clients approaching us to begin advanced skin treatments before their big day and achieve glowing skin for the summer.
However, radiant wedding-day skin takes some planning and effort to achieve so below we’ve set a skincare timeline for brides-to-be.
In the lead up to any big life event, stress can wreck havoc and affect your hormonal balance which may lead to breakouts, rashes and even overly oily or dry skin. Having a series of professional skin treatments and facials in the run up to your wedding is ideal in preventing this but remember, beauty starts from the inside.
6 Months Before
- A healthy and nutritious diet needs to be on top of your priorities list if you want beautiful, plump skin. Start including more healthy fats into your diet such as avocados, almonds and walnuts.
- Start taking daily fish oil supplements containing omega-3 fatty acids which boost hydration and help keep the brain functioning properly.
- Up your vegetable intake - vegetables are high in fibre, help circulation, support skin's elasticity and give you the antioxidants to kill free radicals in the body which can lead to dull, problematic skin. Our favourite way to get a dose of greens is in a smoothie or juice!
- Water, water, water! Always keep a bottle of water with you and stay hydrated throughout the day for plump, dewy skin and a clear mind.
- If you have major skin concerns like acne and uneven pigmentation, it’s best to get the situation under control well in advance so now is the time to book in for a consultation. At Jasmina Vico, we will diagnose your skin concerns and discuss your personal skin needs and goals. We will then create a personalised treatment plan that will help you achieve beautiful, clear skin.
In addition, brown spots, fine lines, pores, and redness can be attended to with lasers for which you will need a test patch done. This is also the time to get a test patch if you’re considering any kind of laser hair removal.
3 Months Before
- As we mentioned above, stress can cause various skin issues as it effects your hormones so exercise regularly, go to that yoga class and learn to meditate to stay calm during the busy months.
- Catch some Zzz's! Magnesium supplements can help regulate sleep. The mineral also helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keep your heart rhythm steady, regulate blood sugar levels, support a healthy immune system, and keep bones strong.
If you aren’t sleeping well - at Jasmina Vico Skin, we can offer you a chemical peel. The phrase "chemical peel" sounds scary but it is essentially an accelerated form of exfoliation using safe chemical products to encourage cell renewal revealing a brighter skin. A mild treatment is perfect for a special event, literally giving your skin a fresh start with no down time. Or a more advanced treatment for those wanting to improve superficial pigmentation and reduce fine lines.
1 Month Before
- Practice good skin maintenance. This means drink lots of water, get enough sleep, maintain a well-balanced diet, and avoid caffeine and alcohol. Don't try any new products or aggressive treatments. Instead, follow your personalised treatment plan and use the recommended products, don't forget to moisturise and wear SPF especially as the weather gets warmer.
- An industry secret: we always recommend that our clients up their intake of healthy fats such as avocados and increase their intake of oily fish such as salmon. You want your skin to be glowing from the inside out!
The Wedding Day
Prime your skin! For a last-minute boost on the morning of your wedding, apply a gentle hydrating mask. Right before makeup, smooth a hydrating serum such as Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel onto your face, neck and décolleté to enhance your glow before heading into hair and makeup.